The Accounts Clerk will perform clerical, general accounting and bookkeeping duties in support of the accounting operation of the Retail Store. The Accounting Clerk will process all incoming and outgoing financial activities. This includes posting of receivables, and payables, preparing reports, petty cash and perform cashier duties. Also, the incumbent must be capable of using financial accounting to monitor operational cost to ensure maximum efficiency, integrity, propriety, regularity and transparency, accountability & profitability of the Retail Store.
The Accounts Clerk must be organized and have a good working knowledge of accounting principles, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to operate efficiently in a dynamic environment. This individual must be able to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively.
RESPONSIBILTY INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Entering/posting of transactions to the sub-ledger accounts
• Processing/preparing of invoices in accounting software.
• Processing/preparing of payments in accounting software.
• Prepare and post journal entries to sub-ledger accounts.
• Prepare journal entries for consumption of all inventories and operating assets.
• Prepare journal entries for projects.
• Reconcile receivables and payables accounts.
• Reconcile inventory accounts.
• Update and reconcile fixed asset register.
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of month end close.
The Accounting Officer will be required to maintain professional relationships with:
• Associates of the Company.
• Partners & vendors locally and overseas
• Customers and Suppliers
• Other persons as required by the nature of the job.
• A minimum of first degree in accounting, finance or ACCA level 1
• At least two years professional experience in similar capacity or recent graduates with qualification mentioned above, without practical experience, who will pursue a career in accounting.
• Ability to work without supervision effectively and efficiently.
• Sound knowledge in the use of QuickBooks accounting software will be a distinct advantage.
• Must be a team player.
• Display good work ethics, honesty, integrity.
• Display high level of accuracy and problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
Click here to apply.
We thank all applicants, however only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted.